Italian Sausage and Greens
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 1 pound italian sausage -- sweet or hot
- 1 pound kale (or mustard greens or collards or turnip greens or escarole)
- 3/4 pound mushroomminced garlic (to your taste -- we like it with a lot of garlic)
- dried red pepper flakes (also to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock -- or water
How to Prepare:
Cut sausage into bite size or smaller pieces, brown in olive oil. Trim and slice mushrooms. When sausage is done, remove from pan and set aside. Put mushrooms in pan. While mushrooms are cooking trim leaves from their stems and chop into ü inch long pieces. Roll leaves up and slice into thin strips. Brown chopped up stems, then add garlic, dried red pepperand green leaves. Cover and cook a few minutes Add sausage and liquid and cook until greens are done.
NOTES : Counts for protein powder not included in totals.