Coconut Sweets (Nariyal Barfi)
- 30 Mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- 13 ounce skimmed ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat dried milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Grease an 8×8 inch square pan. Set aside
- In a large, nonstick fry pan heat ricotta cheese on medium heat.
- Add milk powder and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir frequently to avoid sticking or burning on the bottom.
- Add sugar and stir. The ricotta cheese mixture will become liquid again. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes. The mixture should be quite thick.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and press the mixture with a spatula.
- Cut into 1×1 inch diamond shapes. The mixture sets as it cools.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.