- 1.5 Hours
- Difficulty: Average
- Margarine for pan
- 15 oz. part skim milk Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch spring-form pan.
- Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients until smooth. Do in 2 batches, if necessary
- With a rubber spatula, scrape mixture into prepared pan.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave cake in the oven with door closed for 1 hour.
- Remove and refrigerate.
- Before unmolding and serving, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Sift 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa over the top.
- Slice with a knife which has been warmed in hot water.