Chocolate and Tangy Lime Cheese-Free Cheesecake
- Difficulty: Average
- 175g (6oz) dairy-free biscuits, eg coconut
- 40g (1½oz) soya dairy-free spread
- 450g (1lb) firm, silken-style tofu
- 75g (2¾oz) caster sugar
- 1 lime
- 100g (3½oz) dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine
- Melt the soya spread over a low heat. Set aside. Do the same with the dark chocolate.
- Grate the rind of the lime, and juice it.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz to form a fine crumb.
- Stir in the melted soya spread until well combined, then press into the base of an 8" loose-bottomed cake tin.
- In a large bowl, beat together the tofu, sugar, lime juice and zest, and the melted chocolate.
- Follow the instructions on the packet of the gelatine, and prepare it.
- Whisk the gelatine, then pour the mixture over the biscuit base and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours until firm.
- You can vary the flavour of the cheesecake to suit your taste