Chocolate and Raisin Cookies
- 25 Mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- 150g/5½oz margarine
- 75g/2¾oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 75g/2¾oz plain wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g/5½oz rolled oats
- 50g/1¾oz raisins
- 50g/1¾oz chocolate chips or solid chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Beat the eggs and cut the chocolate into small pieces, if you are not using chocolate chips.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar. Beat in the egg, 2 tablespoons water and the vanilla essence.
- Sift together the flour, spice and bicarbonate of soda, tipping any bran from the sieve into the bowl.
- Add the oats, raisins and chocolate to the mix, and stir together, then add the egg mixture and combine well.
- Line baking sheets with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Place pieces of the cookie mixture onto the baking sheets and flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.