- 25 Mins
- Serves: 6
- Difficulty: Average
- 8 frozen filo pastry / phyllo dough sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 tbsp no-sugar-added black cherry fruit spread
- 1 1/2 tbsp cherry liqueur (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush each filo /phyllo sheet with butter, and stack them.
- Cut through all sheets to form six (5 inch) squares.
- Combine fruit spread and cherry liqueur, if desired.
- Place 1 tablespoon fruit spread mixture in centre of each pile of eight phyllo squares; brush edges of phyllo with butter.
- Fold edges over to form triangle; gently press edges together to seal.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Beat together egg and water; brush over phyllo triangles.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 turnovers