Blackcurrant Ice cream
- 3 Hours
- Difficulty: Above Average
- 600ml (1 pint) soya milk
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 300g can blackcurrants, drained
- Place the milk and vanilla extract into a medium pan and bring to the boil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornflour, egg yolks and icing sugar.
- Pour the milk on and stir in, then return to the pan, place over a low heat and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Do not boil, otherwise the mixture will curdle. Cool the mixture, then stir through the blackcurrants.
- Transfer to a freezerproof container.
- Freeze for 2 hours, then beat with a fork to remove the ice crystals. Return to the freezer and freeze until solid.